The courses will be delivered by world renowned experts in the field, from both academia and industry, and will cover both theoretical and practical aspects of Artificial Intelligence in Computer Vision problems together with advanced homework sessions.
A (preliminary) list of the topics covered by the lectures is the following:
- Artificial intelligence and Deep Learning in Vision
- Interpreting and Explaining Deep Models in Computer Vision
- From task-specific to task-agnostic deep learning in computer vision
- Robust Scene Analysis
- Multi-Class Multi-Instance Model Fitting
- Deep Learning for Affective Computing
- Automatic Selection, Configuration and Composition of ML Algorithms
- Challenges and Opportunities in Machine Vision
- Background Subtraction and Initialization Models
- Tracking and Detection
- 3D Reconstruction and Global Averaging
The Labs will include TensorFlow, Cafe, Theano, Torch sessions for computer vision, along with homework sessions about well known challenges and benchmarks like, among others:
- ChaLearn Looking at People that deals with the problem of recognizing people in images, detecting and describing body parts, inferring their spatial configuration, performing action/gesture recognition from still images or image sequences, also considering multi-modal data, among others.
- Visual Object Tracking (VOT) that deals with short-term trackers and long-term trackers in the field of visual tracking.
- Change Detection (CDnet) challenges that deals with the identification of changing or moving areas in visual surveillance, smart environments and video retrieval.
- Emotion Recognition in the Wild Challenge (EmotiW) that deals with video-audio and group-based emotion recognition in affective computing.
The list of speakers is the following:
Fraunhofer HHI, Germany
Facebook Artificial Intelligence Research and University College London, UK
| Stefan Roth
Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
University of Udine,Italy
| Björn W. Schuller
University of Augsburg, Germany
|Hugo Jair Escalante
|Alberto Del Bimbo
University of Florence, Italy
| Silvio Savarese
Stanford University, US
Université de La Rochelle, France
Universität Augsburg, Germany
| Luka Čehovin Zajc
University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
|Venu Madhav Govindu
Indian Institute of Science, India
University of Naples Parthenope, Italy
National University of Ireland Galway, Ireland